Q. How do I create a Google Place for my business?
A. Creating a Google map/place for your business is a relatively easy task to complete once you know where to go…
Follow the step by step guide below and you’ll have your own map in no time!
- First you will need a Google/Gmail account. If you don’t have one you can sign up for one here https://www.google.com/accounts/
- Sign in to your Google account, navigate to http://places.google.com/business and click “List your business”.
- Fill out your country and phone number and click “Find Business Information”. Google will try and find your business details, if your correct business is displayed click the “edit” button next to the listing, otherwise click “add a new listing”.
- Fill out all your business details including photos and additional details and click “submit”.
- You must verify your map before it is made live. The 3 different ways to verify a map are by phone, sms or post. Select the best option and click “submit”, once you receive the pin code enter it into the pin box and your map will be live.
Have you created a map in the past and it hasn’t ranked for your business? If you’re having problems creating your own Google Places listing (or just don’t have the time!) roi.com.au are here to help! Ourn Google Places solution incorporates many other ranking factors that Google takes into account to rank both places and organic search – why not give us a call and we’ll see how we can put your business first (and increase your sales!)