Q. How can I stop paying so much per click in AdWords?
There are a few different items that can effect how much you are paying per click for your keywords in your Google AdWords account. It’s important to do a mix of all of the items outlined below, don’t focus on one metric or idea to the exlusion of the others.
A. There are four ways in which you can reduce how much you pay per click in your AdWords campaign:
- Improve your quality score to 7 or higher
- Lower your average position on the page
- Look for long tail keywords and bid higher on phrase and exact match keywords, and lower than broad.
- Refine your AdWords strategy to be more specific in where your ads are shown, this can result in a less competitive atmosphere.
To read more on how you can maximise the return from your AdWords account, we suggest reading some of our other articles below:
– What is the AdWords Keyword Tool?
– How do Negative Keywords work?
– Using the AdWords Keyword Tool
– Using Broad, Phrase and Exact Match Keywords
– Google Search, Display Network or Search Partners?