As any digital marketer worth their weight in SEO knows, social media has almost taken over genuine human interaction – almost. Increasing engagement with potential and current customers through Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and other platforms is something that every Australian business should be implementing in their SEO campaign.
However, who has the time to constantly monitor, manage, and share information across five or more social media sites at once? The answer is HootSuite. According to Pete Cashmore, the CEO of Mashable, this tool is essential for “managing social networks by allowing teams to efficiently track conversations and measure campaign results.”
Over 6 million satisfied users of this platform can’t be wrong – or can they? roi.com.au reviews HootSuite to help determine whether your business can benefit from this tool:
Three benefits of using HootSuite
- It’s flexible to your budget. With a FREE account, you can manage up to five social profiles at once. With a Pro account, you can manage an unlimited number of social profiles.
- It enables you to monitor what people are saying about your brand and helps you respond instantly. This is great for reputation management.
- You can view streams from multiple networks such as Facebook, Twitter and Google+ and post updates or reply directly. You can even post the same thing to multiple channels at the same time.
Potential limitations of using Hootsuite
- You are forced to use the ow.ly url shorteners – this isn’t such a bad thing, but you can only track any click throughs that have been added from within HootSuite. This is the problem, because if you use other services such as Buffer or Tweet Deck, then you can’t track the links you’ve added.
- You’re relying on an outside application to monitor your engagement on pages, but that means you’re losing that personal connection.
- The HootSuite Analytics are really expensive. There are some free reports, but most will cost you $50 on top of your 1 free report each month. It’s up to your business to determine whether these reports are worth it.
As far as social media management goes, HootSuite is up there as one of the best. Despite its few shortcomings, this is definitely a system that should be implemented across the board. Have you used it before? Let us know what you think in the comments section below!