Estimated 1.7 min read
1. What is local SEO? Do you need local SEO? Why you should know about Google My Business?back to top
Let’s face it. At the end of the day, Google wants to make everyone’s life easier. Google is most profitable when it’s users are happy. Users are happy when they find exactly what they want from their search results. Local businesses are equally as happy when their business is visible on Google.
Most local businesses want to capitalise on local SEO services. But most business owners struggle to understand the concept of google local SEO, and how a business can profit from it. Say hello to your next major player, Google My Business.
2. What is Google My Business?back to top
Google My Business is one of the easiest ways to improve your local business SEO in search results, yet so many businesses fail to maximise its full potential. Have you ever searched for local coffee shops near me and a map with a list of three businesses appears? That’s where your listing will be! It is essentially a local business service listing. It is one of the fastest changing innovations that Google has to offer. It’s interface allows business owners to take charge of how their business is displayed throughout Google’s products and platforms, including its search engine results pages (SERPs), reviews, and instant content.
The best ways to increase your business visibility through Google My Business:
- Displaying key information where it counts – your business appears in the local 3 pack
- Update your business categories so that you are visible to the right audience
- Show case your best products and services through high quality images on your listing!
- Stay visible and relevant to your audience through event posts
So, the bottom line is, is Google My Business worth the effort? Consider the small amount of time and effort it takes to set up and optimise, yes! It may not be the perfect fit for every business. But if you have an existing local SEO strategy; or you are looking to start a local SEO strategy, but you don’t know the first thing about local search optimisation, Google My Business is the perfect place to start.