Estimated 0.0 min read
What is SEO in Australia 2020?
Search engine optimisation (SEO) is the process of improving the position and visibility of a website in the organic (non-paid) results of search engines such as Google, Bing & Yahoo. To rank your Australian website on the first page of Google you need to follow these SEO techniques.
- Install a sitemap so the Google Bot can easily read all the content and product information
- Improve the speed of your Australian site so that Google can quickly gather website information. Responsive sites rank better.
Keyword Research & selection:
- You need to match the content of your website to the search trends of the user. This will increase the authority of your website. This is an integral part of search engine optimisation – Google analyses the way people search for a product or service.
- The Google keyword planner provides a guide to the estimated number of searchers for a keyword on a monthly basis, together with an estimate of the number of other businesses targeting this keyword. (Levels of Competition). Use this resource.
- A powerful SEO technique is inbound linking.
- Increasing the quantity and quality of reputable inbound links to content on your Australian website will improve your rank and position in a Google Search.
- Why? Google views inbound links as a ‘vote’ for your website – in other words it is a signal to Google that other people may want to read the information displayed on your site.
- AH Refs is a popular SEO tool. It specialises in collecting SEO professionals like us at RESN analyse the quality and quantity of websites linking to and from a website.
When will I see results:
If you follow the best practice SEO principles outlined above it is possible for your Australian website to rank on the first page of Google within the first month for “niche” and specific keywords. The fastest way for your business to rank on the first page is be targeted and niche with your keyword targeting and once you have achieved first page success for niche keywords; then aim to rank for higher traffic keywords with more competition.
The other fast way to rank on Google is to produce a very high quality article which is shared and linked to by many other websites on the Internet. This can be an effective and fast way for your site to rank higher than other sites that do not have the same quality content that you do. So you are now armed with the information you need for SEO success.
If you would like some more information on SEO please click HERE
If you would like some professional SEO advice please contact us.
Drop [email protected] an email with your query. Or give us a call on 03 9888 4400.