Estimated 0.9 min read
1. What are the most used social media platforms in Australia?back to top
Facebook is Australia’s most popular Social Media platform in 2019 with 12 million Australian’s logging onto Facebook everyday (Jan 2019).
Based on statistics from civicwebmedia.com.au, 60% of Australia’s population are active on Facebook, that is the equivalent to 15 million people.
Below is the top 5 most used social media sites across the whole of Australia.
Statistics recorded in December 2018/Jan 2019 found:
- Facebook – has 15,000,000 Active Australian users monthly with 60% of the population logging onto Facebook daily.
- YouTube – has 15,000,000 active Australian users monthly
- Instagram – has 9,000,000 Monthly Active Australian users who hold Instagram accounts.
- WhatsApp – has 7,000,000 Active Australian users who have an account with WhatsApp.
- Snapchat – has 6,400,000 Monthly Active Australian Users (Snapchat data) have accounts on Snapchat.
Many Australia’s also have multiple accounts and pages with each of these platforms.
A large majority of Australians now have a personal and work account/page on these platforms. This isn’t taken into consideration within the data above as Australia’s quite often log into a work page through a communal management login.